Fogwatt Hall Committee meeting Mon 11th Jan 2016

Attendees:

Sandy Duncan

Jan Duncan

Audrey Munro

Audrey McWilliam

Ian Cruickshank

Jean Cooper

Joan

 

Apologies:

Mo Butterly

Willie Duncan

Hamish Christie

Douglas Ross

Ronald Rogers

Peter Mitchell

 

Not in attendance:

 

Recent events:

 

Xmas Party

Well attended with some new faces, all the kids seem to enjoy it and Santa did well. Not much outlay – Audrey still to put in some receipts for food etc.

 

Hogmanay

Good night but felt different this year, feedback was good from the night. Raffle total approx. £280 (TBC)

 

Burns Supper

22nd Jan 2016: doors open @ 6.45pm to start @ 7.30pm – 1am

Sandy Ross is available and booked

Andy McCormach – booked

Sandy to organise the alcohol licence – received this week

Toast & reply – Chris Henderson & his mum are doing toast & reply

Immortal memory – Sandy to arrange – Ken Smith has agreed to do the immortal memory

Address to the haggis – Rowan Duncan

Alison to carry in the haggis – confirmed

Piper – Andrew Mitchell confirmed

Kenny Munro to do Grace

Neeps & tatties – in Archies shed – Ian to get together with Archie re tatties & neeps

Sandy to book the haggis from Tawse  – done

People selling the tickets to ask the people they sell them to if vegetarian haggis required – decision made to get 5 veggie haggis just in case. (1 request for gluten free – they have decided to bring their own)

Shortbread – Audrey Mcw to get shortbread free from Walkers, 300 portions required.

Sandy to speak to Jill Garrow regarding decorating the stage – still to be confirmed

Whisky – Ian has organised the whisky – 2 sponsors

Raymond Mckenzie okay for ice cream

Sandy to print off order of events & bar price lists & sponsor cards – not done yet

Audrey M – to print off card tickets – tickets to be picked up from smiddy in bundles of 10  – done

Audrey has already booked the waitresses (x 5) – confirmed

Price of tickets to be raised from £10 to £12.50 each – done

Audrey to do vote of thanks

 

Cash & carry – Jan & Audrey M to go and get:

Hand towels

Ice cream wafers

Salt & pepper

Napkins

Raffle books

Toilet rolls

 

Audrey to get on the Fri:

Milk – 2 x 4 pints

Teabags

Lemons for the bar

Marg / butter for tatties

Ice for the bar – 4 bags

 

Wednesday – get together to wash plates / cutlery @ 6.30pm – Ian or Audrey to put on immersion heater to make sure water hot in the afternoon. Bar area to be set up as well.

 

Thursday – get together @ 1pm to prepare tatties & neeps

 

Friday – daytime 1pm – need to cook the tatties & neeps, do drink run and final set up

 

Mo to get a float for the night

 

On the night of the Burns Supper helpers to be at the hall at 6pm at the latest to set up drinks etc.

 

Raffle to be done as late as possible

 

AOCB

Coffee morning – no date agreed as yet but will be around the 14th or 21st May

 

Next committee meeting arranged for Mon 1st Feb @ 7pm – all Burns Supper ticket money to be paid prior to this meeting

 

Reminder that Fogwatt Hall hosting the Hall Federation Meeting on 21st Feb @ 2.30pm. Sandy to speak to Pat about what we need to provide e.g. refreshments / what is expected of the committee, do we need to provide a report etc.

 

Willie to provide an update at the next meeting regarding The Roll of Honour – Sandy to remind Willie (carried forward from last meeting)

 

Meeting finished @ 2015hrs