Fogwatt Hall Committee meeting Mon 23rd Nov 2015

Attendees:

Sandy Duncan

Jan Duncan

Audrey Munro

Audrey McWilliam

Ian Cruickshank

Jean Cooper

Joan

 

Apologies:

Susan Clark

Mo Butterly

 

Not in attendance:

Ian Mitchell

Peter Mitchell

Hamish Christie

Ronald Rogers

Willie Duncan

 

Recent events:

Quiz night

£440 raised from Fri nights quiz night – all proceeds to ‘Children in Need’. There were 15 teams the most we have ever had; all who attended had a good night with many new faces and new teams.

 

Whist night

Approx £90 raised at the last event, the event before that there was a very poor turnout and the event made a loss. The committee discussed whether it was worth continuing the events or should we just reduce the amount of them? The consensus was to stop them for now and reintroduce them in the autumn next year

 

Forthcoming events:

Kids Xmas Party

27th Dec (2pm – 4pm) – notice to be sent to the newspaper regarding the party (usual contacts) along with the New Year’s Eve event (? Susan to do this)

Willie to be asked to be Santa again

Mo to get Santa suit

Hall to pay for food – keep receipts

Food to get

sausage rolls (60)

ice cream  x 2

jelly x 2  (Jean)

crisps – various kinds

juice – blackcurrant & orange

fancies / cakes

Audrey Munro buying the food & prizes  but any donations welcome for fancies etc.

Sandy to buy milk & hula hoops for games

Audrey McWilliam to print off Santa’s/Snowmen for one of the games

Sandy to take along CD’s and make up games ad hoc

Audrey to speak to Tessie to borrow the bag for Santa

 

 

 

 

New Year Party

31st Dec from 9pm – 1am

Audrey to get prizes for games

Raffle books – Mo

Audrey M offered phone for music, CD’s also to be used

 

Burns Supper

22nd Jan 2016: doors open @ 6.45pm to start @ 7.30pm – 1am

Sandy Ross possibly unavailable –? Sandy Ross is arranging a replacement – TBC (Sandy)

Andy McCormach – booked,

Sandy to organise the alcohol licence

Toast & reply – Chris Henderson & his mum are doing toast & reply

Immortal memory – Sandy to arrange? Watson  Bell

Address to the haggis – no one ?? Rowan Duncan

Alison to carry in the haggis

Peter  to speak to Ronnie re piping in the haggis – if not Audrey McW has a contact for an alternative

Sandy to book the haggis from Tawse  – they know how much, also some Vegetarian haggis ? how many, people selling the tickets to ask the people they sell them to if vegetarian haggis required.

Shortbread – Audrey Mcw to get shortbread free from Walkers, 300 portions required.

Cash & carry – napkins, tablemats etc. Jan & Audrey M to go

Sandy to speak to Jill Garrow regarding decorating the stage

Whisky – Ian ? who is sponsoring the event

Sandy to print off order of events & bar price lists 7 sponsor cards

Audrey M – to print off card tickets – tickets to be picked up from smiddy in bundles of 10

Audrey has already booked the waitresses (x 5)

Price of tickets to be raised from £10 to £12.50 each

Helpers to be at the hall at 6.30pm at the latest to set up drinks etc.

Ian to let us know what alcohol we have already and what we need to buy – Sandy & Ian to go to Asda for alcohol nearer to the time

Raffle to be done as late as possible

 

 

Meeting TBA before the event to finalise arrangements

 

Susan Clark has tendered her resignation as Committee secretary, no volunteers to take on this role. A new secretary will be voted in at the next AGM

Jan agreed to do minutes at the meetings, Sandy to update the website & make up the newsletters & Audrey McW to take on the rest of the role (newspaper correspondence, letters & contacting the committee members prior to the meetings etc)

Audrey  M(& Ian J) to continue to take the bookings.

 

AOCB

 

Federation of Halls – meeting to be held at Fogwatt Sun 21st Feb @ 2.30pm. Hall to provide refreshments

 

Irene Mitchell has booked the hall for the 5th December and will put up the Xmas tree before this

 

Willie to provide an update at the next meeting regarding The Roll of Honour – Sandy to remind Willie

 

Jean needs oven switched on for an event on the 9th Dec – Sandy to assist

 

 

Meeting finished @ 2015hrs